PRECIOUS METAL REFINERS
Thank you for choosing G&S Metals as
your precious metal refiners for your gold refining. Your confidence in our honesty and integrity
speaks for itself. We continue to strive to meet your expectations
|SILVER SCRAP||BUY||CREDIT ACCOUNT|
|Argentium Silver Solids||90% of Ag||90% of Ag|
|Filings||80% of Ag||80% of Ag|
|Fine Silver Solids||90% of Ag||90% of Ag|
|Silver Bars / Silver Coins||95% of Ag||95% of Ag|
|Sterling Silver Solids||90% of Ag||90% of Ag|
Solid scrap has stolen the limelight or rather the golden light, and our focus. So I want to remind you to pay attention to your “bench sweeps”. It is imperative that cleaning your bench, your lap tray on your bench and even the floor around you on a daily basis, becomes an integral part of your shop management. Bench Sweeps can be very rich in metal and yield as much as 33% of their weight. A nice profit at the end of the month!
Refining bench sweeps is a different process than refining solids. We request that you collect your bench sweeps in a container and keep them separate from your solids. We will provide a container at your request. Bench sweeps take approximately one week to refine.
|Platinum Filings||70% of PT||70% of PT|
|Platinum Solids||90% of PT||90% of PT|
WHEN TO REFINE
Timing of your refining can be crucial to your profitability. Refining too often with too little scrap can be costly. Refining too infrequently hoping that metal prices will escalate could be disappointing. It all depends on your business and the amount of scrap you generate. Most shops find a rhythm for their refining which proves most profitable for them.
- Double plastic bag and seal your material securely.
- Place into a secure box along with your identification (please include your customer ID #).
- Use G&S Metals’ pre-labeled containers (free for the asking).
- Ship via Registered
or Insured mail to
ship to G&S,
P.O. Box 1432,
Ann Arbor, MI 48106.
- Insure for the estimated value.
- FedEx and UPS will NOT deliver to a P.O. Box.
INSURE FOR ESTIMATED VALUE
To estimate the value of your scrap requires various formulas depending on the Karat, weight and gold price.
Example: 100 dwt's or
155.5 grams of 14K scrap
100 dwt x .58% = 58 dwt - divide by 20 = 2.9 T.O. of 24K x AU price ($800) = $2,320 = your estimated value for insurance purposes.
Filings would use the same formula and on an average yield 33%, therefore you would use .33 for your multiplier.
- Clean material takes 24 hours. Dental solids take 1-2 days.
- Filings and bench sweeps takes 5-7 working days.
- Platinum & Palladium assays take 7-10 working days.
- Polishings (filters, emery, etc.) takes 12-14 working days.
- Karat scrap for stone removal takes 14-20 working days.
- G&S Metals is not liable for any gemstones left in mixed scrap jewelry.
Metal separation is to your advantage. Use the following as a guide.
- KARAT FILLINGS: This group includes filings, grindings and snips. For quicker processing, keep excessive wax materials out of your scrap.
- KARAT SOLIDS: All karats and colors of gold may be combined for gold refining.
- DENTAL GOLD: Keep separate.
- PALLADIUM: All scrap containing Palladium .
- POLISHINGS AND SWEEPS: This includes emery, floor sweeps, filters and paper towels - (3lbs. minimum)
- PLATINUM: All scrap containing platinum.
- YELLOW GOLD FILLED: Minimum of 250 DWT, 389 gm or a $50.00 refining fee if processed without another metal.
- SILVER: Silver scrap may include Argentium, Sterling Silver, Fine Silver and Silver Filled and should be kept separate. from other metals. Any combined silver and gold scrap should be included with your gold groups.
- * WATCH BATTERIES: In order to get credit for watch batteries, they
must be packaged separately.
WE BUY SILVER OXIDE BATTERIES. UNDER 3 LBS $17/LB.